Thursday 11 February 2016

Foray into sewing

Yey, it's very exciting. I had a cold, spent the day in bed gorging on sewing videos and blogs (inspired by my best friend's own sewing escapades), and suddenly I've signed up to a 10-week dressmaking course and own my own Brother (secondhand - nice find on gumtree). It's a XQ3700. Choosing a new machine is not easy for the beginner but the with the adjustable stitch length and width (necessities) and nice needle threader and top loading bobbin (luxuries), as well as a gizillion stitches I figured I couldn't go too wrong. The one-step button whole thing should be useful once I figure that out (down the line).

Bit of help setting up my machine from Tilly and the Buttons
 I got started on the basics and something very easy following a excellent tutorial from Annika Victoria
Bow taking shape (one nice corner, hehe)

Bit wonky (ok, alot), but I don't care - I made something!

 I'm a sewist now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment